Terms and Conditions
GoTourNZ refers to GoTourNZ.com Ltd, trading as Adventure New Zealand Motorcycle Tours and Rentals, and its employees, agents, and contractors.
Hirer is the named person on the Booking Form, and is the only permitted rider of the Motorcycle. Any passengers who wish to also ride the Motorcycle, are required to fill out a separate Booking Form with their details.
Both Hirers and GoTourNZ agree to be bound solely and exclusively by New Zealand law.
Rider and Licencing Requirements
- Hirers should be at least 25 years of age unless by prior consultation, and possess a valid motorcycle rider's licence applicable to the type and capacity of motorcycle hired, and are recommended to have at least 1 year or 5,000 miles of riding experience operating a modern high performance motorcycle
- The suitability of the style and model of motorcycle chosen is the responsibilty of the Hirer.
- You should bring your own riding equipment, though you can rent riding gear from us at additional cost. Approved helmets are mandatory in New Zealand for both rider and passenger.
- The Hirer shall pay for all petrol and oil used in the Motorcycle during the period of hire. The fuel tank is full on departure - if the bike is not returned with a full fuel tank, your credit card will be debited for a full tankful of fuel.
- The Hirer shall ensure that:
(a) The water in the radiator and battery of the Motorcycle is maintained at the proper level.
(b) The oil in the Motorcycle is maintained at the proper level.
(c) The tyres are maintained at their proper pressure.
- The Hirer shall ensure that all reasonable care is taken in handling and parking the Motorcycle and that it is left securely locked when not in use
- The Hirer shall pay for any tyre/puncture repair, or belt drive breakage.
- Hirers and passengers agree to indemnify GoTourNZ from any and all liabilities or claims directly or indirectly related to Motorcycle rental.
- GoTourNZ shall supply the Motorcycle in a safe and roadworthy condition.
- GoTourNZ shall be responsible for all ordinary and extraordinary costs of running the Motorcycle during the term of the hire, except those costs listed above as 'Hirer's Obligations'.
- All Motorcycle rentals are subject to availability, with bookings on GoTourNZ Guided and Self Guided Tour packages having priority over Rentals.
Mechanical Repairs and Accidents
- If the Motorcycle is damaged or requires repair or salvage, whether because of an accident or breakdown, the Hirer shall advise GoTourNZ of the full circumstances by telephone as soon as practicable.
- The Hirer shall not arrange or undertake any repairs or salvage without the authority of GoTourNZ, except to the extent that the repairs or salvage are necessary to prevent further damage to the Motorcycle or to other property.
- The Hirer shall ensure that no person shall interfere with the distance recorder or speedometer, or, except in an emergency, any part of the engine, transmission, braking, or suspension systems of the Motorcycle.
Use of the Motorcycle
- The Hirer shall not use or permit the Motorcycle to be used for the carriage of passengers for hire or reward unless the Motorcycle is hired with the knowledge of GoTourNZ for use in a passenger service licensed under Part 1 of the Transport Services Licensing Act 1989.
- The Hirer shall not
(a) Sublet or hire the Motorcycle to any other person.
(b) Permit the Motorcycle to be operated outside his or her authority;
(c) Operate the Motorcycle, or permit it to be operated in circumstances that constitute an offence by the driver again section 58 of the Transport Act 1962 (which related to driving or attempting to drive with excess breath or blood alcohol or under the influence of drink or drug)
(d) Operate the Motorcycle or permit it to be operated in any race, speed test, rally, or contest.
(e) Operate the Motorcycle or permit it to be operated in breach of the Transport Act 1962, the Traffic Regulations 1976, or any other Act, regulations, or bylaws relating to road traffic.
(f) Operate the Motorcycle or permit it to be operated for the transport of more than the number of passengers or more than the weight of goods specified in the certificate of loading for the Motorcycle;
(g) Drive or permit the Motorcycle to be driven by any person if at the time of his or her driving the Motorcycle the Hirer or other person is not the holder of a current driver's licence appropriate to the Motorcycle.
- Hirers must be aware that traffic, road, weather, and other conditions, as well as other motorcyclists, can change the inherent risk of enjoying this sport . Both Hirers and passengers understand and fully accept those risks and are solely responsible for keeping their motorcycle under control, selecting an appropriate speed and adhering to New Zealand laws. As a rider you are solely responsible for your choice of riding style and speed whether accompanied by a guide or riding solo.
- The suitability of the style or model of motorcycle chosen is the responsibilty of the Hirer
Immediate Return of the Motorcycle where default or damage
- GoTourNZ shall have right to terminate the hiring and take immediate possession of the Motorcycle if the Hirer fails to comply with any of the terms of this agreement, or if the Motorcycle is damaged. The termination of the hiring under the authority of this clause shall be without prejudice to the other rights of GoTourNZ and the rights of the Hirer under this agreement or otherwise.
Privacy of Information
- Any information supplied to GoTourNZ is kept confidential, and will not be provided to any other party.